Say NO to corruption in the church-mission community!.
Shine the Light--Together! is a new, online petition. Is addressed to the organizations, projects, and people affected by a serious fraud (NCI KB), calling for disclosures and assistance. It is also meant to inform and rally us all together, including those in the church-mission community, the general public, and members, donors, and partners of the organizations affected. The online petition includes the PETRA Statemnt 2012: An International Call for Integrity and Action. The Statement links to core documents for more information. Please click the link below to go to the petition site and read it. Note that there is a place to sign it at the end and to also leave a comment..
Why the Petition is Important
1. An important part of the NCI case has been tried and finished in Sweden (Dec 2011). It went to the Swedish Supreme Court and the previous fraudulent verdicts have been upheld. It is important to update people about the case and to share links to key court documents and findings..
2. Some of the NCI money is in fact traceable according to the Swedish docs. It is important to point this out and to encourage people to help recover it. At least $159,000 USD of NCI money related to our personal NCI account, for example, is mentioned in the Swedish documents as having gone to the New Generation Foundation (set up initially by a major YWAM leader)..
3. It is important to update people about the status of the requests for assistance for those affected by NCI (organizations, investors, projects, etc.). Almost no disclosures with details of personnel and projects affected and money flows have been done. This is in sharp contrast to the transparent disclosures, action, and precedent by the “United Response” to the New Era Scandal of the 1990s. (note: there is a link to the article, "Lessons Learned from New Era" on the petition site, as well as to other core articles.).
4. It is important for others to get involved now, and not simply wait for a handful of top “leaders” to do nothing—to call once again for verifiable transparency and accountability especially regarding the money flows and NCI’s impact as mentioned in the Swedish court docs..
5. It is important for there to be health and healing in the Christian community and to help prevent such devastating frauds and inadequate responses from happening again. Simply trying to move on, minimize, or ignore the issues is neither helpful not ethical. Truth is foundational for everything—ministry, relationships, trust, integrity, effectiveness..
6. We thus believe there is an ethical responsibility for many people to persevere together with the above, and as the PETRA Peopele Network, to:·provide a short update on the NCI case and the requests for assistance;
·continue the call for assistance from the organizations and people affected—including members of the organizations, donors, the church-mission community, and the general public;
·share key links to view documents and summaries that can inform people;
·and set up an online platform for people to view, share, and sign the Statement.
Some Expected Outcomes
Some Expected Outcomes
Many more folks would get better informed about NCI and fraud in general, have a voice, and share the Statement with others in their networks. Some will hopefully rise up in spite of risks or inconvenience and with others resolutely call for/set up internal and independent reviews within the organizations listed.. Some reviews will be done, finally. Some of the missing money will be acknowledged and returned. Organizations affected will be healthier. So will the overall Christian community. There will be prevention of both similar frauds and similar inappropriate responses to frauds in the Christian community. Discrediting and harassment for some of those who sign and share may happen. Some will sign and share it, regardless, based on their personal convictions, ethics, and sense of spiritual guidance. Many will indeed count the cost and do what they believe is right. Their actions will galvanize similar courageous responses.